Study Permit Process

Summary of the Study Permit Process in Canada

In most cases, a study permit is required when you want to study in Canada.

A study permit is a document that is issued by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), that allows a foreign national to attend Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) throughout Canada. Travel to Canada is not granted solely by an approved study permit. It may be necessary for you to also apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). Typically, a TRV or an ETA will accompany a study permit application approval.

Understanding the different requirements needed to study in Canada can be a confusing process, but our expert consultants at Canadian Study Group can simplify it for you. We offer you access to the best educational institutions in Canada and assist you with gaining admission to a course best aligned with your long-term goals.

Once a college or university of choice is determined and a Letter of Acceptance has been issued, your file is then transferred to Canadian Immigration Group, where a team of immigration experts shall manage your application for a study permit. The opportunity to transfer a client's file within our organizations reduces time and risk.

We will continuously keep you on track and updated on the process of your file and ensure that your application undergoes robust processing through an organized system, to safeguard a high successful outcome.

Our team shall:

  • Advise you on the study permit process.
  • Provide a detailed list of documents we need to support your application.
  • Maintain constant communication.
  • Monitor your case through to completion.

Our unique organizational-based services will save you time and frustration.

Study Permit Processing Time

Once Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) receives your application, a file number is generated, and they will begin to process your application. IRCC’s Processing times for your application are approximate and may change without notice. Unfortunately, this beyond our control.

Working while you study

An approved study permit allows you the right to work in Canada while you are actively pursuing your studies at a designated learning institution (DLI). You must maintain a full-time student status to do so. You can also work on or off-campus for:

  • 20 hours a week during the regular study period.
  • Full-time during designated breaks.

Your work privileges expire once a period of 90-days has passed since your studies have been completed.  Prior to your study completion, we can explore your opportunities to obtain a work permit post-graduation.

Apply with Canadian Study Group TODAY!

GEt Started Today